K-Pop idols cover each other’s music a lot, and why not! It’s not only a sign of respect, but a way to say “hey, I appreciate you” without having to go that far. Luckily for international fans like myself, K-Pop idols also love diving into popular English songs too.
While there is undoubtedly an endless list of amazing covers (and trust me there are) here are the seven iconic English covers by K-Pop idols in recent years.
1. “We Don’t Talk Anymore” by Charlie Puth, covered by Jimin & Jungkook of BTS
2. “Finesse Remix” by Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B, covered by Jinho of Pentagon ft. Soyeon of (G)I-DLE
3. “She Will Be Loved” by Maroon 5, covered by Day6
4. “Pillowtalk” by Zayn, covered by Henry
5. “Halo” by Beyonce, covered by Hyolin
6. “Myself” by Bazzi, covered by Hyunwon, Minhyuk & Khyun of Monsta X
7. “Numb” by Linkin Park, covered by Hongjoong of ATEEZ
How many of these covers have you heard?